United States immigration and nationality laws allow citizens and lawful permanent residents (green card holders) to sponsor certain family members for permanent or temporary visas. Our family immigration attorneys at A Sharma Law Firm, PLLC offers more than twenty years of combined experience guiding clients through the process of helping family members come to the U.S. – legally and permanently.


Our immigration lawyers have the experience and skill to handle all aspects of family immigration for clients in the United States of America and abroad.

Immediate Relative Visas: For immediate relatives of U.S. citizens, including spouses, unmarried children under 21, adopted children, and parents of children who are at least 21 years old.

Parent Visas: If you are a U.S. citizen 21 years of age or older and would like to bring a parent to live in the United States with you as a permanent resident (green card holder), we can assist you with this often complicated and emotional process.

Family immigration visas: For family members of U.S. citizens and permanent residents (green card holders). There are annual limitations to each specific preference category, which is based on the applicant’s relationship with the citizen or lawful permanent resident. Family-based preference visas are available to children of U.S. citizens (who are not eligible for an IR visa); spouses, minor children, and unmarried adult children of permanent residents; and siblings of U.S. citizens.

Siblings: If you have a brother or sister that you would like to bring to the United States to live here with you, the lawyers at ASLF can clarify and simplify the process.


Sometimes when waiting for a priority date, the family member that petitioned for you dies. In this situation, you may be eligible for humanitarian reinstatement and continue the process to get your green card. We handle such types of cases and can help you to successfully obtain your green card despite the unfortunate death of your loved one.


When a child turns 21, he or she may face a severe delay in the time he or she can apply for a green card. Our firm can review your case and determine if there is a way to stop this unnecessary delay and take advantage of the provisions of the Child Status Protection Act to see if you may be eligible to apply for the green card earlier.


Our attorneys also assist clients in obtaining a temporary visa for a fiance or for spouse who is awaiting processing of his or her green card. Temporary visas are available for:

  • K-1 visas: Temporary visas for fiances of U.S. citizens (K-1) and their children (K-2). If you met someone from a foreign country and have become engage to him or her and now would like that person to come live with you here in the United States, we can help you to obtain the necessary visa for your loved one and his or her child (child must be under 21 years of age).
  • K-3 visas: For spouses of U.S. citizens married outside of the U.S. (K-3) and their children (K-4); or marriage visas (an IR visa or CR visa – depending on the time married when the visa is applied for). If you are married to a foreign national and would like to bring him or her to the United States to live here with you, we can help you making this process as quick and hassle-free as possible.

We have the knowledge and experience to assist you in determining your options for gaining permanent or temporary residency for a family member. We will evaluate your situation and the current state of the USCIS immigration laws, and recommend the best course of action.